Care for Your Jewelry
• Curio Cottage offers you beautiful, handcrafted jewelry made from either 92.5-sterling silver or High-Quality mixed metal alloy dipped in 22KT fine gold.
• These amazing metals are soft and malleable to work on, enabling us to achieve the finest finish possible which is a treat to the eyes.
Something about Metals!
Why Jewelry Tarnishes?
• Tarnish is caused by a reaction with Sulphur that naturally occurs in the air. Tarnished metal will turn a darkish grey-black color and is easily removed when it first becomes visible.
• All metals naturally tarnish with exposure to the air, environment, perfumes, moisturizers, hairspray, soaps and perspiration etc. so regular cleaning will help keep your jewelry sparkling.
5 easy ways to keep your jewelry at its brilliant best:
• What’s the best comes last– Wear your jewelry after you have applied make-up, perfume and hairspray to avoid unnecessary contact with these chemicals.
• Not a water baby- Do not swim or shower in your jewelry
• I Don’t lose or Gain weight! - Remove your jewelry before any physical activity, exercise
• Don’t beach or bleach It! You may want to show off your jewelry on the beach but the direct sunlight, sand and salt water won't do it any favors, save it to wow when having cocktails later.
• Storage is king! Store your jewelry in an airtight jewelry box or even in little airtight Ziplock bags or soft pouches and always separately as they can scratch each other.